An Accountant helps businesses make critical financial decisions by collecting, tracking, and correcting the company’s finances. They are responsible for financial audits, reconciling bank statements, and ensuring financial records are accurate throughout the year.
- Location: Mississauga, ON
- Salary: 40.46 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- To be determined
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for an Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like FreshBooks and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus
Frequently asked questions
What does an Accountant do?
An Accountant takes care of all financial matters within a company, like keeping and interpreting financial records. They may oversee responsibilities like reconciling bank statements and calculating payroll to keep their company in strong financial standing.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Accountant?
The responsibilities of an Accountant can be quite extensive, from auditing financial documents and conducting financial audits to reconciling bank statements and calculating taxes when filling out annual returns.
- Bachelor’s degree
1 year to less than 2 years
- Plan, set up and administer accounting systems
- Train staff
- Ensure accuracy and compliance to accounting standards, procedures and internal control
- Prepare financial information for individuals, departments or companies
- Prepare reports and audit findings
- Supervise staff
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Develop and maintain cost findings, reporting and internal control procedure
- Prepare income tax returns from accounting records
- Analyze financial documents and reports
- Examine accounting records
- Provide financial, business and tax advice
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Large workload
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply