Computer-Aided Design (CAD) technicians create electronic design plans for buildings and machinery using computer software. CAD technicians work together with building architects and professional draftsmen to turn blueprints and technical drawings into 2D and 3D computer models.
- Location: 111-12830 80 AveSurrey, BCV3W 3A8
- Salary: $33.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Shift, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking to hire a talented CAD technician to generate surface and solid CAD models for our clients. You will be responsible for meeting with draftsmen, engineers or architects and transforming client blueprints and design plans into computer generated models using CAD software. You may be required to work as part of a team or individually on a project.
To ensure success as a CAD technician, you should have extensive working experience with CAD software, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work as part of a team. A top-class CAD technician is a technical wizard, creating exact computer models of building and machine designs according to the client’s specifications.
CAD Technician Responsibilities:
- Meeting with engineers, draftsmen, and designers to review blueprints and design drawings.
- Inputting design specifications into the CAD software.
- Creating surface and solid CAD models according to client specifications.
- Working with a design team and individually on CAD projects.
- Reviewing CAD models with the client and making minor adjustments.
- Conducing final model rendering and delivering the final product.
- Completing job reports.
CAD Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or design.
- CAD Certification.
- Previous experience as a CAD technician.
- Advanced knowledge of CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Ability to read and translate blueprints and technical drawings.
- Basic understanding of building design and mechanical processes.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually on projects.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Prepare engineering designs and drawings
- Develop and prepare design sketches
- Write technical reports
- Write specifications
- Complete documentation packages and drawing sets
- Examine drawings for conformity and errors
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
111-12830 80 Ave