A Cashier is a retail professional who scans items to ensure prices and quantities are correct, assists those who need help or advice on products, and handles returns and exchanges when necessary.
- Location: 4903 51 StreetBeaumont, ABT4X 1E4
- Salary: 15.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
This Cashier job description sample is optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages. It’s easy to customize with key cashier job duties and responsibilities for your company or retail store.
Cashier responsibilities include:
- Managing transactions with customers using cash registers
- Scanning goods and ensuring pricing is accurate
- Collecting payments whether in cash or credit
We are looking for a Cashier to manage all transactions with customers accurately and efficiently.
Cashier responsibilities include receiving payments and issuing receipts, gift-wrapping packages and keeping track of all cash and credit transactions. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience in a customer service position and good knowledge of how cash registers operate. You should also be available to take evening and weekend shifts occasionally.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure all transactions run smoothly and will help us maximize customer satisfaction.
- Manage transactions with customers using cash registers
- Scan goods and ensure pricing is accurate
- Collect payments whether in cash or credit
- Issue receipts, refunds, change or tickets
- Redeem stamps and coupons
- Cross-sell products and introduce new ones
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Greet customers when entering or leaving the store
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout areas
- Track transactions on balance sheets and report any discrepancies
- Bag, box or gift-wrap packages
- Handle merchandise returns and exchanges
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Retail Cashier or in a similar role in sales
- Basic PC knowledge
- Familiarity with electronic equipment, like cash register and POS
- Good math skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- High school degree
What does a Cashier do?
Cashiers have many vital duties in retail-based establishments. They are responsible for processing and receiving payments and issuing receipts to customers as they leave with their purchases. Cashiers also handle additional items necessary, such as coupons, while providing an excellent customer service experience.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Cashier?
A Cashier’s duties and responsibilities will vary based on the store but typically include greeting customers and checking out shoppers when they are ready to purchase items. Cashiers also answer questions about products for potential buyers, suggest options for items the shopper has selected, and address customer concerns when they return an item.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Operate cash register
- Process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments
- Scan items
- Calculate daily/shift payments received and reconcile with total sales
- Greet customers
- Provide customer service
- Assist customers with self-checkout
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- Electronic cash register
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
4903 51 Street