Database analysts organize and make sense of collections of information to compile into functional database systems. They will evaluate, design, review, and implement databases and are hired to maintain upcoming and update existing databases to serve business needs better.
- Location: Toronto, ON
- Salary: 42.00 to 45.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking to hire a data analyst to join our data team. You will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
Data Analyst Responsibilities:
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analysis.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
Data Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science.
- Work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
1 year to less than 2 years
- Collect and document user’s requirements
- Design and develop database
- Design, construct, modify, implement and test data models and database management systems
- Conduct research and provide advice to other informatics professionals regarding the selection application and implementation of database management tools
- Operate database management systems to analyze data
- Conduct research and provide advice to other information systems professionals regarding the collection, availability and suitability of data
- Lead and co-ordinate teams of data administrators in the development and implementation of data policies, standards and models
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply