Delivery drivers collect items and transport them to their destinations. Delivery drivers convey a variety of items, ranging from food to furniture, and may deliver to other businesses or to the public.
- Location: 8360 Prince Edward StVancouver, BCV5X 3R9
- Salary: 17.95 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
We are looking for a reliable delivery driver who is concerned with customer satisfaction and transporting items in a safe, timely manner. The delivery driver will pick up and drop off items while adhering to assigned routes and time schedules. You should be willing to work as part of the delivery team in order to ensure that the items are complete, packed correctly, and safely delivered to the correct client.
To succeed as a delivery driver, you should be polite and prompt with a commitment to providing our clients with an excellent experience. You should be thorough in ensuring orders are properly fulfilled, committed to work safety, and passionate about satisfying clients.
Delivery Driver Responsibilities:
- Loading, transporting, and delivering items to clients or businesses in a safe, timely manner.
- Reviewing orders before and after delivery to ensure that orders are complete, the charges are correct, and the customer is satisfied.
- Assisting with loading and unloading items from vehicles.
- Accepting payments for delivered items.
- Providing excellent customer service, answering questions, and handling complaints from clients.
- Adhering to assigned routes and following time schedules.
- Abiding by all transportation laws and maintaining a safe driving record.
- Preparing reports and other documents relating to deliveries.
- Operating equipment and machines, such as cars, trucks, forklifts, etc.
Delivery Driver Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license issued by the state where you intend to work.
- Clean driving record.
- Special licenses may be required to operate certain vehicles.
- Experience may be required or preferred.
- Willingness to adhere to assigned routes, schedules, safety procedures, and transportation laws.
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Ability to walk, drive, lift, and carry heavy items for extended periods.
- Attention to detail.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various items and products
- Load and unload goods
- Use maps and other trip planning aids
- Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Class 5/5F/G Licence (cars, small trucks and other 2-axle vehicles)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply