Route sales representatives sell products and provide services to customers located on designated routes. They develop sales strategies in order to meet sales targets, follow up on sales leads, and build long-lasting relationships with their customers to retain their business and promote new product offerings.
- Location: Fort St. John, BC
- Salary: 16.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a resourceful and enthusiastic route sales representative to join our sales department. You will be driving along a designated route to provide our customers with sales-related services, growing our customer base in the area, and providing the sales manager with sales target updates.
To ensure success as a route sales representative, you should demonstrate a sound knowledge of sales strategies and sales experience in a similar industry. A top-notch route sales representative will be someone whose expertise in building and maintaining customer relationships results in increased sales revenue.
Route Sales Representative Responsibilities:
- Developing a sales strategy, including cold calling, door-to-door selling, and product demonstrations.
- Driving along a designated route to sell products and calling on regular customers.
- Informing existing customers of upgrades to products, as well as introducing new product lines.
- Analyzing consumer behavior and collaborating with the sales department to remain competitive.
- Taking purchase orders, negotiating sales contracts, and collecting cash payments.
- Maintaining sales records and meeting sales targets, as well as presenting managers with regular updates.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure efficient customer services, as well as resolving complaints.
- Ensuring that promotional and demonstration materials are kept in mint condition.
- Keeping the sales vehicle’s interior and exterior clean.
- Performing basic sales vehicle maintenance tasks, such as checking tire pressure, and gas and oil levels.
Route Sales Representative Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- An associate’s or bachelor’s degree in marketing would be advantageous.
- At least 2 years experience as a sales representative in a related industry preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Proficiency in sales software, such as HubSpot and Freshsales.
- Superb interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance.
- Availability to work extended business hours, including weekends and public holidays.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
- Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various items and products
- Professionalism in customer service
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Assemble, install and set-up merchandise/products
- Prepare, package and restock goods
- Load and unload goods
- Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems
- Pay and receive payments for goods
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply