Early childhood educators are responsible for caring for and educating young children. The areas of study within this career focus on both the cognitive and social development which includes various activities that engage a students abilities to flourish.
- Location: 5121-52nd StreetYellowknife, NTX1A 1T7
- Salary: 28.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 6 vacancies
We are in search of an Early Childhood Educator to join us. You should be able to help the children develop emotionally and socially. Besides, you should also be able to create lesson plans and gather resource materials. Your ability to develop innovative and creative ways to keep the children engaged will be advantageous.
You should be able to evaluate and discuss the child’s performance with parents. Moreover, you should be able to promote a positive classroom environment and adhere to the educational guidelines. You should also be able to attend various conferences and training programs to upgrade your skills.
As an Early Childhood Educator, you should have a valid CDA credentials and a teaching license. In addition to this, you should display a warm personality and an approachable behavior. You should also have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Send in your application if you can aid in the child’s overall development. We would love to have a word with you.
- Helping in developing and implementing a teaching program
- Creating lesson plans and assigning homework to the students
- Analyzing every child’s performance and adapting the program to suit their needs
- Keeping children engaged via innovative teaching methods
- Creating fun ways to impart knowledge in children
- Discussing the child’s progress with the parents
- Promoting teaching methods that help in the social and emotional growth of the children
- Attending teacher’s training programs and conferences to upgrade skills
- Resolving any queries and complaints from the children
- Attending staff meetings with the Principal as and when required
- Adhering to the educational guidelines and promoting a positive learning environment
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
- Child care centre
- Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity
- Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children
- Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children
- Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
- Immunization records
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter