A Hair Stylist, or Salon Hair Stylist, cuts and styles customers’ hair. Their main duties include washing, coloring and cleaning hair, recommending and selling salon products and staying updated on ongoing hair styling trends.
- Location: Coquitlam, BC
- Salary: 25.00 to 35.00 hourly for 35 to 38 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits, Other benefits
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a Hair Stylist to create flawless haircuts and hairstyles for our customers.
Hair Stylist responsibilities include cutting hair using basic and advanced techniques, consulting customers about styles and colors and applying hair care products, like treatment oils and masks. If you have experience cutting short and long hair and are up-to-date with styling trends, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure all customers leave our salon satisfied with our services and feel happy with their new looks.
- Welcome customers and identify their preferences by asking pointed questions
- Recommend hairstyles and haircuts according to customers’ face shapes and tastes
- Wash, rinse and dry clients’ hair using appropriate shampoos and conditioners (e.g. for oily hair or dry scalp)
- Cut, trim and shave hair using professional equipment
- Apply a wide range of hair coloring techniques, like highlights, ombre and balayage
- Create hairstyles for formal events and everyday looks, including braids, ponytails and buns
- Apply hair treatment products, as needed (e.g. color protection creams and hydrating masks)
- Form bonds with loyal customers and remember their hairstyle preferences
- Manage bookings and serve walk-ins
- Ensure tidiness of beauty stations and sterilize tools, as needed
- Cross-sell hair care products or services, when appropriate
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Colorist or similar role
- Proficiency in hair straightening and curling methods, using hot irons and curlers
- Hands-on experience with various coloring techniques
- Knowledge of a wide range of haircuts, suitable for all hair lengths (e.g. braids and top knots)
- Familiarity with hair treatment products and services, like keratin smoothing
- Up-to-date with industry trends
- Excellent communication skills
- Physical stamina to stand for long hours
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Valid license from a cosmetology school
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Cut and trim hair according to client’s instructions or preferences
- Shampoo customers’ hair
- Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences
Experience and specialization
Hair styling techniques
- Blow drying
- Iron waving/curling
Hair colouring techniques
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Free parking available
- On-site amenities
- Parking available
Jobs for Ukraine
This employer has selected to promote this job through “Jobs for Ukraine”. Canadian citizens and permanent residents can still apply.
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply