Lecturers design, develop, and deliver material using a range of methods and platforms. They create course material, lesson plans, and curricula, conduct research and fieldwork, engage with students, assist with processing applications, and also attend interviews, conferences, and meetings.
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Salary: 94,000 annually for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits, Long term benefits
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Lecturers are subject experts who design, develop, and deliver material using a range of methods and platforms. They create course material, lesson plans, and curricula, conduct research and fieldwork, engage with students, assist with processing applications, and also attend interviews, conferences, and meetings. They can work in various settings.
We are searching for a well-organized, innovative lecturer to join our established department. The lecturer’s responsibilities include developing course material and curricula, inspiring meaningful discussions, attending conferences, consulting with other academics and professionals, supervising graduate students, grading assignments, and being an active member of the university. You should be prepared to work long hours, travel abroad, and expand your networks.
To be successful as a lecturer, you should demonstrate superior listening and communication skills. Outstanding candidates are able to prepare and deliver powerful lectures and should be willing to collaborate with professionals in and outside of their discipline.
- Preparing and delivering lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars.
- Developing curricula and course material that can be used across a number of platforms.
- Collaborating with other academics and lecturers to improve teaching methods and expand knowledge base.
- Setting and grading assignments, tests, and exams.
- Conducting research, and writing papers, proposals, journal articles, and books.
- Attending and participating in meetings, conferences, and other events in and outside of the institution.
- Participating in training opportunities and initiatives at the institution.
- Providing support to students and other colleagues.
- Staying current by reading widely and producing published work in the field.
- Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
- or equivalent experience
- Physical therapy/therapist
Experience an asset
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
- As per collective agreement
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Maternity and parental benefits
- Pension plan
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- References attesting experience