Line Cooks are in charge of prepping food and plating dishes according to a restaurant’s menu specifications. Also known as a Prep Cook, they are assigned a specific place in the line, such as the grill or vegetable prep station. Duties include preparing food and maintaining sanitation standards.
- Location: 700-16061 MacLeod Trail SECalgary, ABT2Y 3S5
- Salary: 17.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Financial benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 4 vacancies
We are on the hunt for an experienced line cook to join our talented team and help prepare meals according to our standard recipes. In this position, your principal goal will be to prepare high-quality meals that meet the chef’s exact specifications.
You will be responsible for setting up the prep station, stocking inventory, and maintaining sanitation standards. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. Ultimately, you will play an essential role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and restaurant growth.
Line Cook Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the preparation station and the kitchen are set up and stocked.
- Preparing simple components of each dish on the menu by chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and preparing sauces.
- Reporting to the executive chef and following instructions.
- Making sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards.
- Cleaning prep areas and taking care of leftovers.
- Stocking inventory and supplies.
- Cooking menu items with the support of the kitchen staff.
Line Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate in culinary arts or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Clean kitchen and work areas
Long term benefits
- Other benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply