A Marketing Assistant is a professional who assists with ongoing marketing campaigns by collecting audience feedback, creating graphs, charts, and slides to present to decision-makers, and conducting market research to understand the target audience.
- Location: Fort St. John, BC
- Salary: 27.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Marketing Assistant responsibilities include assisting in organizing campaigns and developing marketing strategies.
This work will be a critical factor for the smooth operation of the Marketing department and the attainment of its goals, as well as for the long-term growth of the company.
- Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the department’s activities
- Support marketing executives in organizing various projects
- Conduct market research and analyze consumer rating reports/ questionnaires
- Employ marketing analytics techniques to gather important data (social media, web analytics, rankings etc.)
- Update spreadsheets, databases and inventories with statistical, financial and non-financial information
- Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Write marketing literature (brochures, press releases etc) to augment the company’s presence in the market
- Communicate directly with clients and encourage trusting relationships
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a marketing assistant
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Exquisite communication and people skills
- High School diploma; BSc in Marketing, Business or relevant field is a strong advantage
1 year to less than 2 years
- Train and supervise staff
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
- Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions
- Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys
- Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication strategies and programs
- Gather, research and prepare communications material
- Initiate and maintain contact with the media
- Prepare and/or deliver educational, publicity and information programs, materials and sessions
- Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Website content and press releases
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply