Also known as manicurists or pedicurists, nail technicians provide manicures, pedicures, and various nail treatments based on clients’ nail care needs and preferences. They are either self-employed or work in salons, spas, barbershops or nail studios.
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: 20.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Nail Technician to provide nail care treatments to our customers based on their needs and preferences.
Nail Technician responsibilities include polishing fingernails and toenails, painting designs and applying gel and acrylic nails. If you’re up-to-date with nail art techniques and know how to provide excellent customer service, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help us boost our reputation by offering personalized services to our clients.
- Paint fingernails and toenails
- Clean, cut and shape nails
- Recommend colors, rhinestones and designs based on each customer’s style
- Remove previously applied polish
- Prepare and clean beauty station in-between appointments
- Sterilize equipment before use
- Inform clients about additional services and offers (e.g. loyalty discounts, eyebrow waxing)
- Give hand and foot massages
- Offer nail care treatment tips (e.g. how to strengthen nails and how to make manicures last longer)
- Up-sell treatments and beauty products, when appropriate
- Take an interest in customers (e.g. chatting with them during appointments and remembering their preferences)
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Nail Technician, Manicurist or similar role
- Expertise in basic and advanced nail techniques, including french manicures, airbrushing and gel manicures
- Knowledge of cosmetology trends
- Understanding of sanitation and sterilization standards
- Experience in customer service
- High school diploma
- Certification in Cosmetology or Nail Art is a plus
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Esthetician’s salon
- Beauty shop or aesthetic service
- Standard design styles
- Clean, trim and polish nails
- Nail art technics
- Provide gel and acrylic nail extensions
Experience and specialization
Area of work experience
- Nail and lashes applicator
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Client focus
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply