A Cleaner is responsible for all basic cleaning in and around the facility or office building. This can entail dusting, mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, and cleaning smudges off windows and doors. Ensuring restrooms are cleaned, sanitized, and restocked is another important responsibility of a cleaner.
- Location: Victoria, BC
- Salary: 17.10 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Office Cleaners ensure that work environments are healthy and safe for the other employees who work in the building. Office cleaners may work during the day, but most work after the bulk of the workforce has left the building, such as after 5:00 PM or before resumption of work.
Office Cleaner Duties and Responsibilities
Office Cleaner job description should contain a variety of functions and roles including:
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping floors of various types.
- Dusting ceilings, light fittings, countertops, and loose furniture.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing toilets, sinks, and kitchen fixtures.
- Emptying trash cans.
- Washing and drying windows.
- Liaising with the line manager to ensure that you have sufficient cleaning products at all times.
- Reporting any breakages that occur during the cleaning process.
- Informing the line manager of repairs that need to be done.
Office Cleaner Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Office Cleaner job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent is advantageous.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Able to use a variety of cleaning products and equipment.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Able to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Available to work mornings and evenings, plus weekends, as needed.
As a hiring manager, recruiting an ideal Office Cleaner starts with crafting a good job description. Use this Office Cleaner job description template to save yourself time and help you attract the most qualified candidates. Feel free to revise it to meet your specific needs.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply