Applies paints, sealers, and solvents to exterior and interior building surfaces such as plaster, sheetrock, concrete, and wood. Performs building exterior and interior caulking, finish repair, mud and tape, and texturing tasks. Operates equipment such as airless spray equipment, scaffolding, and motorized lifts.
- Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
- Salary: 27.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Early Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
Painters use paint, tools, and materials such as plaster, to change the appearance and texture of buildings, walls, and other structures. They may operate alone or alongside other painters or construction workers.
We are searching for a deadline-driven painter with great attention to detail. The painter will be expected to use color theory principles to match shades, follow written and verbal instructions, and use a variety of tools to paint surfaces. Other responsibilities include completing minor repairs and selecting correct paints and primers.
To be successful as a painter, you should have great stamina, physical strength, and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be able to understand clients’ visions, follow directions, and complete projects on time and to budget.
- Selecting the correct tools and paints for projects.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces before painting.
- Mixing and applying paints, varnishes, and sealants for a lasting finish.
- Covering exposed objects and surfaces.
- Using fillers such as putty and plaster to repair cracks.
- Buying paint, brushes, and other supplies.
- Obeying workplace safety rules.
- Collaborating with other design and construction specialists.
- Keeping the workspace and tools clean.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience painting residential or commercial spaces.
- Knowledge of all the applicable health and safety standards.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid communication skills.
- Good balance and physical strength.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
7 months to less than 1 year
Work site environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks and holes
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
- Measure, cut and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls
- Advise consumers on colours and choice of wall coverings
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- Brush painting
- Roller painting
- Paint spraying
Wall covering specialization
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply