Social workers provide advice, support and resources to individuals and families to help them solve their problems. Social workers work with specific groups of clients, including children, the elderly and families in crisis, and help them to solve the problems they’re facing.
- Location: Cote-Saint-Luc, QC
- Salary: 45,000 to 60,000 annually for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Other benefits
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Social workers help clients handle everyday life problems. They often assist clients who have issues caused by neglect, abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse. Clinical social workers may also diagnose and treat mental, behavioral, and emotional issues.
We are looking for a compassionate social worker to help serve the communities that we have a presence in by assisting our clients that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse. Cases will be handled by phone or in person. You will be in charge of assessing clients and gathering relevant information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
A key to succeeding in this role is the ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset. You should also be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do.
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
Social Worker Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to give full attention to what social service clients are saying, understand the points being made, ask questions, and not interrupt inappropriately.
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Proficient in word, excel, outlook, and powerPoint.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s degree
1 year to less than 2 years
- Community service organization
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required and eligibility
- Supervise other social workers, paid para-professional staff, student trainees and volunteers
- Perform administrative tasks
- Provide counsel and therapy to help clients resolve social and personal problems
- Plan programs of assistance for clients
- Refer clients to agencies that provide financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment and other services
- Provide public education and consultation regarding counselling services, issues and methods
- Serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team working with a client group
- Act as an advocate for client groups in the community
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops or symposia
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Provincial certificate of registration
- Membership in a provincial association of social workers
- Membership in l’Ordre des travailleurs sociaux du Québec
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW)
Experience and specialization
- Persons with Alzheimer’s disease
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Interpersonal awareness
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term care insurance
- Free parking available
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
5555 av Westminster suite 304
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter