Truck Driver Supervisor supervises employees who transport cargo to and from specified locations. Oversees the loading and unloading of company vehicles. Being a Truck Driver Supervisor I schedules drivers and assigns routes to maximize productivity.
- Location: 3010 216 StLangley, BCV2Z 3E6
- Salary: 28.65 hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Requirements and Responsibilities
Truck Driver Supervisor II supervises employees who transport cargo to and from specified locations. Oversees the loading and unloading of company vehicles. Being a Truck Driver Supervisor II schedules drivers and assigns routes to maximize productivity. A level II supervisor has authority for personnel actions and oversees most day to day operations of group. Additionally, Truck Driver Supervisor II may require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
The Truck Driver Supervisor II supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. To be a Truck Driver Supervisor II typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Prepare production and other reports
- Supervise workers and projects
- Train or arrange for training
- Dispatch bus drivers and monitor routes
- Monitor and operate signal and track switch control panel
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve work methods
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply