A Welder, or Brazer, is responsible for assembling pieces of metal together or repairing damage in metal components using heavy machinery that emits high heat, melting the metal into shape. Their duties include reviewing blueprints, cutting metal into the appropriate shape and smoothing molten metal to remove creases.
- Location: Etobicoke, ON
- Salary: 24.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
Welders manage the machines that manufacture and repair metal structures, tools, and equipment. These skilled professionals work in a variety of industries including automotive, construction, and manufacturing. Other duties include planning layouts and measurements and testing welded surfaces.
Our company is looking for a highly talented welder to join our dynamic team. We’re seeking a hardworking professional who likes meeting challenges and surpassing client expectations. Your chief responsibilities will include interpreting designs, monitoring machinery, and assessing welded components.
To excel in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of welding machinery and electrical equipment. The successful candidate will also have a steady hand and outstanding attention to detail.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts.
- Weld small and large components such as copper plumbing, beams, and pipelines.
- Use specialized machinery for industrial welding and oversee machines that perform the same job.
- Maintain and repair all machinery.
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors.
- Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
- Monitor machinery for appropriate usage and temperature.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A valid certificate in welding from an accredited institution is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a welder.
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
Work site environment
- At heights
- Various locations
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines
- Fit, braze and torch-straighten metal
- Operate oxygen arc cutting equipment (arc-air), (AOC)
- Determine weldability of materials
- Operate hoisting and lifting equipment
- Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products
- Operate previously set-up brazing or soldering machines to bond metal or to fill holes, indentations and seams of metal
- Start up, shut down, adjust and monitor robotic welding production line
- Maintain and perform minor repairs on welding, brazing and soldering equipment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
Experience and specialization
Type of materials
- Aluminum alloys
- Copper and copper alloys
- Nickel alloys
- Non-ferrous materials
- Stainless steel
- Steel, iron and heavy metals
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) (TIG)
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Flux core arc welding (FCAW)
Equipment and machinery experience
- Arc welding machine
- Brazing machine
- Gas welding machine
- Soldering machine
- Spot welding machine
Area of specialization
- Custom fabrication
- Auto repair
- Machinery or equipment repair
- Cast iron and other metals
- Ornamental work
- Fencing, balconies, stairs and railings
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Safety harness
- Face shield
- Welding helmet
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply